Your travels shouldn't be mass produced or non-negotiable.
Travel is one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences in the world.
Travel encourages you to be open to new adventures and meeting new people. Travel enables you to soak in culture, eat delicious food, and to challenge yourself and your mindset.
Travel should change you. But in order for that to happen, you need to be open to possibilities and to have the flexility to explore on a whim. By adhering to a strict schedule or an itinerary pre-planned for the masses, you are limiting yourself from any opportunity that presents itself.
It's these opportunities that turn an ordinary trip, into your extraordinary adventure.
Travel planning should be fun, not stressful.
There is so much information online and in guidebooks - it can feel overwhelming and impossible to sift through. Even after countless hours spent reading and researching, it's hard to feel confident in your decisions.
Let us navigate the world of travel planning for you. Take the first step towards your next great adventure. Fill out your Travel Design Profile to begin.
Still have questions? Contact us.
Stephanie Nelson & Carly Evers met at San Diego State University while studying International Business and Marketing.
Fast forward several years, we decided to embark on a career change. Stuck behind a desk, with wanderlust in our eyes and hearts, we strived to combine our passions of traveling, travel planning, and entrepreneurship in order to create Sapphire & Elm Travel Co., a bespoke travel agency specializing in custom vacations.
What Does Sapphire & Elm Mean?
We wanted our name to be personal. To reflect who we were as individuals and as a team, not just another cheesy or cliche name based on our chosen industry.
After countless hours brainstorming over wine, and deliberating with friends and family, the simplest solution came to us.
Stephanie lived on Sapphire. Carly lived on Elm.
Stephanie prefers adventure and nature travel (Elm). Carly prefers luxury travel (Sapphire).
Elms are green, and sapphires are blue, representing the Earth and it's treasures.
The name stuck.
Meet Stephanie & Carly
Fun facts about Carly:
- Favorite travel memories are from Greece and Iceland.
- Dream job: International Spy. I watch a lot of Alias, I want to be Sydney Bristow.
- The flamingo is my spirit animal.
- From Los Angeles, California
More about Carly: Carly's Top 10 Travel Bucket List Destinations
Fun facts about Stephanie:
- Favorite travel memories are from Big Sur, Glacier National Park, Greece, Croatia, Belize and Guatemala.
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Favorite hikes: Angels Landing in Zion National Park and St. Mary's/Virginia Falls in Glacier National Park.
- Has an Anthropology Minor
- Can make a wicked cool fish face
- I'm a solo female traveler. I've solo traveled through most of Central America and Europe by myself.
- From Sacramento, California
More About Stephanie: Stephanie's Top 10 Travel Bucket List Destinations
Join the Journey. Follow Us On Instagram.